It’s about that time to cheer on our Colorado Rockies and Colorado Springs Sky Sox!
Here are some fun facts about our home teams.
- Denver’s AAA team is the Albuquerque Isotopes while their AA team is the Hartford Yard Goats out of Hartford Connecticut.
- Since the 2012 season, every Monday game day is “Purple Monday” in which the Rockies wears its purple uniform.
- No inducted members of the Baseball Hall of Fame have played for or managed the Rockies.
- 2007 was the last year that the Rockies won the National League Championship.
Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- The Sky Sox are currently the AAA team for the major league Milwaukee Brewers.
- The Sky Sox won the Pacific Coast League (PCL) in 1992 and again in 1995.
- The Sky Sox’s nickname originated with their affiliation with the White Sox.
- The stadium in Colorado Springs has the highest elevation of any professional ballpark in the United States: its natural grass field sits at 6,531 feet.
- In 2019, the Sky Sox AAA team will be transferred to San Antonio, Texas, where it will continue in the PCL as the San Antonio Missions.
Our handy magnet will keep you up to date with the home games for both the Rockies and the Sky Sox. Feel free to stop by our new downtown office located at 703 N. Tejon St. Suite E in downtown Colorado Springs if you’d like to grab one of our magnets. Start planning your spring baseball outing now.
Go Colorado Baseball!
Colorado Baseball Schedule