Why Shop Small for the Holidays in Colorado Springs?
Keeping Money Local
Shopping local has always been at the heart of community minded folks, but this year when small businesses have been hit particularly hard, it is even more important. This is why we’ve created our Colorado Springs Holiday Small Shopping Guide.
According to a study by Michigan’s Local First, for every $100 spent, $73 will remain in the community when you shop at a locally owned shop. When you shop at a big box store, or non-local store, only $43 dollars contribute to the local economy.
Those dollars make a big difference to the people that are reliant on that income. Our Colorado Springs Holiday Small Shopping Guide can help you finish your last minute shopping and make you feel like you are helping out your fellow Colorado Springs neighbor at the same time.
The other compelling reason to shop local is the variety of gifts that you will find. Enough with holiday candles and cutesy coffee mugs, shopping local will make you the best gift giver in your family.
The local creative folks in our town have some amazingly interesting and thought provoking crafts and ideas. And what better way to spread the cheer than to cheer them on with your dollars? Giving a gift made by a craftsperson, artisan or artist really shows the recipient that you care, and you know what they really appreciate.
Procrastination – 😬
Let’s face it, this time of year it is so easy to procrastinate. Buying local affords you one of the most important things you may need right now…time. When you shop local, you have your gift right away and ready to wrap. No waiting for UPS, no delayed shipments, no concern of someone swiping it off your doorstep, your present goes from being purchased to right under your tree. Use your new-found time that you have saved to work on something more productive like your holiday menu planning.
Some of our Favorite Colorado Springs Local Shops
- Heartshake Studios – Old Colorado City – Lots of great art, plants, all around perfect gifts from baby to grandma
- Urbane Collective – more for women – clothing, household, etc, but new and next to Sasquatch Cookies!
- Coralun Vintage – Fun vintage clothing and handmade gifts
- Eclectic Co & Eclectic OCC – Artisan co-ops with over 75 Colorado (mostly COS) vendors between the two locations
- Mackenzie & West – Clothing, household, gifts
- Bella Casa – Monument – Household decor and cute baby items too
- Love Shop – Monument – Clothing, home decor, unique gifts and jewelry
- Finder’s Keeper’s – Palmer Lake – Cute gifts, Colorado themes and clothing. At the base of the bridge over Palmer Lake
Helping Colorado Springs Restaurants, Breweries & Distilleries
In addition to the shops that specialize in gifts, clothing and home decor, another way to contribute to our Colorado Springs economy is to support our local restaurants, breweries and distilleries.
Some of the best local gifts and swag in town come from our local eateries and drinkeries. That cute Colorado t-shirt….from a brewery, that cool beanie…yup a distillery. So pop on into your local watering hole and pickup some local gifts and gear.
Restaurant, Brewery & Distillery Gifts & Gear
- Goat Patch Brewing – Who doesn’t like that cute little goat? And their beer? To die for…
- Pikes Peak Brewery – Beer drinkers make better lovers…..at least that’s what one of their t-shirts claim.
- Lost Friend Brewing – Off of Academy Blvd, they have some cool gear
- Trails End Tap Room – For the hiker, biker, outdoor enthusiast on your list
- 3 Hundred Days of Shine – Monument Moonshine at it’s best. Check out their new retail corner!
Gift Certificates to Restaurants & Breweries
Talk about crazy timing…a handful of hearty Colorado Springs entrepreneurs have opened their new businesses during the pandemic. Give these folks a smile and some of your business.
- Stellina Pizza Cafe – New eatery near Shooks Run neighborhood with some amazing pizza
- Colonel Mustard Sandwich Emporium – OMG…the best sandwiches E V E R! Pop in and pick some up when you don’t want to cook
- Lee Spirits – Newest watering hole in Monument. Also check them out downtown at Brooklyn’s on Boulder
- Bramble & Brie – They are so popular right now you might need to wait….but looks like it is worth the wait
Other Great Places to Find Local Gifts in Colorado Springs
- Front Porch Gift Co – adorable gift boxes for every person’s taste
- Plated Picnics – cool covid-friendly charcuterie for delivery
Bella Art & Frame – Framing and art gifts can be found at this Monument shop
Wine Seller – Don’t know what to buy? Ask Dirk in Monument, he can come up with something special
At Springs Homes we support local because we are local. We have been around as your Colorado Springs Realtors since 1997 and we plan to be here for many years to come. Check out some of the other Local Lineup Guides we publish to help support our local neighbors.
Are you a local business owner that we missed in our Colorado Springs Holiday Small Shopping Guide? Have no fear, we appreciate you too and would love to include you on our next shout out. Drop us a line and remind us to include you when we promote local businesses.
Happy Holidays and shopping!